ENROLLMENT LOTTERY FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
The Charter School for Applied Technologies (CSAT) will conduct our Enrollment Lottery on Thursday, April 4, 2019 at 9 am. This event is open to the public and you are welcome to attend for immediate results of your child’s enrollment status for the 2019-2020 school year. The lottery will be held at our Family Support Center, 317 Vulcan Street, Buffalo, NY 14207. Please enter at Door #1.
We will begin with Kindergarten, followed by Grade 6, then grade 9. We will then have the lotteries consecutively for Grades 1 - 12. Results of the lottery will be posted from 9:30 a.m.- 3 p.m. If your child is accepted to CSAT the day of the lottery, you will receive an email and an automated call notifying you. Enrollment paperwork can be completed the day of the lottery between 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Should you wish to enroll your child that day, please bring with you the required documents for enrollment:
- The student’s Birth Certificate, Passport, or Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
- The student’s Immunization Record
- The student’s most recent report card, progress report, or transcript from their current school
- Two (2) current proofs of residence
- Acceptable: Utility bill(s) indicating service address, lease agreement, mortgage statement, notarized landlord affidavit (form provided by CSAT), property tax bill, homeowner’s/renter’s insurance statement, DSS landlord statement
- Not acceptable: Driver’s license, car insurance, credit card or medical bills, any document that does not prove physical residence
- If applicable, please bring a copy of:
- IEP or 504 Plan
- Custody/guardian legal documents
Applicants not chosen for placement will receive a waitlist number. The waitlist created in the lottery is valid for the entire 2019-2020 school year only.
If you are not able to attend the event, each applicant’s parents/guardians will receive a notification letter with their individual child’s lottery results (acceptance or waitlist number). Please allow time for processing the letters. If you do not receive your letter by April 15, 2019, please feel free to contact the Enrollment Office.
If you have any questions about the live admissions lottery or the lottery process in general, please contact the Enrollment Office at (716) 871-7400, ext. 4120. Thank you for your interest in CSAT.