Say Yes to Education & CSAT
In September 2014, Say Yes to Education announced its partnership with the Charter School for Applied Technologies (CSAT); a partnership that CSAT had been hoping to create since the scholarship program began with the City of Buffalo in 2011.
Created to support and empower city students in their education endeavors, including graduation from high school and college, Say Yes offers a tuition scholarship to eligible city of Buffalo students. The "last dollar" (after state and federal grants are applied for) is a tuition guarantee program, capped at SUNY tuition costs. The award covers only tuition, not costs for room and board, books and other fees.
CSAT Eligibility Requirements
- Student must be a graduate of CSAT starting in the year 2019.
- Live in the City of Buffalo
- Attend a Buffalo Public or Charter School (including CSAT) for a minimum of four consecutive years, grades 9-12 is required
- Apply for all federal and state financial aid programs available (FASFA and New York State TAP)
- Enroll full-time at a Say Yes Buffalo partner college within one year of high school graduation
Any student who transfers to CSAT in grades 9, 10, 11 or 12 (from a public or charter school located within the City of Buffalo) and meets all other Say Yes Buffalo eligibility requirements will not lose his/her Say Yes eligibility. A small number of students could be scholarship eligible even if they graduate between 2015 and 2018.