The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) offers nutrition education, breastfeeding support, referrals and a variety of nutritious foods to low-income pregnant, breastfeeding or postpartum women, infants and children up to age five to promote and support good health.
Do I qualify for WIC?
To qualify, you must:
- Be a
- A pregnant woman;
- An infant or child up to five years old;
- A mother of a baby up to six months old; OR
- A breastfeeding mother of a baby up to 12 months old.
- Be a resident of New York State, but you do not need to be a U.S. citizen.
- Meet the income eligibility guidelines OR receive benefits from Food Stamps, Medicaid or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
- Be assessed by a WIC health care professional.