INTERNET ACCESS INFORMATION
Recommended Internet Speeds
- In order to most optimally utilize education resources provided to students, we recommend having home internet speeds of at least 30mbps down and 3mbps up.
- All public libraries in Erie County are open and provide WIFI to the public free of charge more information can be found at https://www.buffalolib.org/locations-hours/computers-printing-and-wireless-access
- Niagara Falls Public Library offers free access to WIFI as well more info at http://www.niagarafallspubliclib.org/Pages/Pol_wireless_access.html
- Local Malls such as the Walden Galaria, Niagara Falls Fashion Outlets, And the Boulevard Mall all provide public WIFI access.
- An additional map of wifi hotspots can be found at wifimap.io you just need to enter your city and state into the address bar.
Buffalo Connect WIFI
- Free Public WIFI is offered in downtown buffalo though the Buffalo Connect Program.
- The zone of coverage is from the Theater District through Canalside and Erie Basin Marina.
- To connect to Buffalo Connect:
- Get within range of one of the 30+ Wifi Hotspots in downtown buffalo, they are marked with the WIFI symbol. You will need to be within 250 feet of the hotspots.
- In your computers network settings area select “Buffalo Connect” as the network you would like to connect to
- A web page will open and a list of terms and conditions will show in a text box on the left side of the scree. Scroll to the bottom of the text box then select the “Connect” link in the bottom center of the window.
- You are now connected to Buffalo Connect!
- To obtain internet service for your home using Spectrum Call 1-877-906-9121
- If your student is involved in the National Student Lunch Program you may qualify for reduced cost internet service. Just ask the sales agent about the “Internet Assist” program and they can let you know if your residence qualifies.
- T-Mobile offers a number of options for utilizing their mobile network to connect to the internet. For information about pricing and signing up call 1-800-866-2453