PARENTS BILL OF RIGHTS FOR DATA PRIVACY AND SECURITY
The Charter School for Applied Technologies is committed to protecting the privacy and security of student, teacher, and principal data. In accordance with New York Education Law § 2-d, the Charter School for Applied Technologies wishes to inform the community of the following:
(1) A student's personally identifiable information cannot be sold or released for any commercial purposes.
(2) Parents have the right to inspect and review the complete contents of their child's education record.
(3) State and federal laws protect the confidentiality of personally identifiable information, and safeguards associated with industry standards and best practices, including but not limited to, encryption, firewalls, and password protection, must be in place when data is stored or transferred.
(4) A complete list of all student data elements collected by the State is available for public review at http://www.p12.nysed.gov/irs/sirs/documentation/NYSEDstudentData.xlsx, or by writing to the Office of Information & Reporting Services, New York State Education Department, Room 863 EBA, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, New York 12234.
(5) Parents have the right to have complaints about possible breaches of student data addressed. Complaints should be directed in writing to the Chief Privacy Officer, New York State Education Department, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, New York 12234. Complaints may also be directed to the Chief Privacy Officer via email at: CPO@mail.nysed.gov.